Thursday, February 26, 2009

Choices

How we choose affects how we live our lives each day. For the many more hours of this days it'll be invaded by decisions to be made and deadlines to be met. Choices, choices, choices... most of us really dread it.. some of us love it.. i definitely if given a choice wouldn't want the choice. but, life as it is, I must make a choice... Because of Calvary, I'm free to choose and so I choose.


EACH DAY

I CHOOSE GOD! :)
cos' He first chose me...

I CHOOSE LOVE...
No occasions justifies hatred;
No injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love.
Today I will love God and what God loves.

I CHOOSE JOY...
I will invite my God to be the God of my circumstance.
I will refuse the temptation to be cynical...the tool of the lazy thinker.
I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings,created by God.
I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity from God

I CHOOSE PEACE...
I will live forgiven. I will forgive that I may live.

I CHOOSE PATIENCE...
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world.
Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I'll invite him to do so.
Rather than complain that the wait is long, I'll thank God for the moment to pray.
Instead of clinching my fist at assignments, I'll face them with joy and courage.
When I drive, I will not curse and swear, I'll learn to release grace and patience. (whoever is in the car, you have the right to scold me! I hate it when I become impatient when I drive.)

I CHOOSE KINDNESS...
I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone.
Kind to the rich, for they are afraid.
And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I CHOOSE GOODNESS...
I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one.
I will be overlooked before I will boast.
I will confess before I will accuse.

I CHOOSE FAITHFULNESS...
Today I will keep my promises.
I will be Faithful to the Faithful One
My friends will not regret their trust.
My parents will not question my love.
My siblings will know the God that I serve
And my spiritual children will never fear that I will not be around.

I CHOOSE GENTLENESS...
Nothing is won by force, I choose to be gentle.
If I raise my voice, may it only be praise.
If I clench my fist, may it only be prayer.
If I make a demand, may it only be of myself.

I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL...
I am a spiritual being...
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.
I refuse to let way will rot, rule the eternal.
I choose self-control.
I will be drunk only by joy.
I will be impassioned on by faith.
I will be influenced only by God.
I will be taught only my Christ.
I will obey the Word of the Lord.
I choose self-control.

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek grace.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment