Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Be MORE and MORE like Him!

God loves you just the way you are, but He refuses to leave you that way. He wants you to be just like Jesus.

The heart of Jesus was pure. The Savior was adored by thousands, yet content to live a simple life. The heart of Jesus was peaceful. The disciples fretted over the need to feed the thousands, but not Jesus. He thanked God for the problem. The discuples shoute for fear in the storm, but not Jesus. He slept through it. The heart of Jesus was forgiving. He refuse to be guided by vengence. He refused to be guided by anything other than his high call. The heart of Jesus was purposeful. Jesus aimed at one goal - to save humanity from sin. His life could be summarized in one sentence: "The Son of man came to seek and save the lost" (Luke 19:10). Jesus was so focused on His task that He knew when to say, "My time has not yet come" (John 2:4) and when to say, "It is finished" (John 19:30).

But... scripture says... ...
"but you were taught to be made new in your hearts, to become a new person. That new person is MADE TO BE LIKE GOD - made to be truly good and holy." (Eph 4:23-24)

Is my heart pure? Am I content to live a simple life? Is my heart peaceful? Do i thank God for problems? Am I forgiving? Is my life according to His purpose? Am I sensitive to the voice of God just like Jesus?

My heart seem so far from His. His is pure; I am greedy. He is peaceful; I am hassled. He is purposeful; I am distracted. He is pleasant; I am cranky. He is spiritual; I am earthbound. The distance between His and my heart seems so immense. Can I ever be like Jesus I questioned at times? Sometimes it is so easy to say... God I want to be more like Jesus.. Make me more like You.. but also at the same time also not knowing how far fetched I can sound. How impossible it is...

However God gave me a revalation today!!! :)
If I am in Christ, I already have the heart of Christ!!! One of the supreme yet unrealized promises of God is this: if you have given your life to Jesus, Jesus has given himself to you. He has made my heart His home! Just like what Paul says in gal2:20... Christ lives in me! However, I need to be teachable to be moulded to become MORE like Him. The same One who saved my soul longs to remake my heart. His plan is nothing short of a total transformation. God is always willing to change me into the likeness of the Savior.. but am I willing to?

God make me more and more like You! I am willing... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment