Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chapt 1 (Part 1): The way I respond to the turns of life will determine how far I can go for the Lord.

I felt like I have lost many reasons to why I do things.. and some how I feel like I have lost my primary motivation to labour for Him. Recently I found myself very bitter cos of the things that has happened.. not only just uncle eddie's death.. and finally I decided to pick up the book Making Jesus Lord once again. I read this book when I was a very new Believer and my prayer is that as I pick this book up once again, God will bring me back to what it means to die to self regardless on how people treat you, how I feel, what the world has become etc...


The very first statement of this book struck me.. It says, "It's amazing how one small turn can change your life forever." Wow! Just by raising my hand on that fateful day at TC really has changed my life and brought me where I am today. But on that very same note, the death of uncle eddie also meant a change of my life. Turns happen at every juncture of my life. But I have the decision to turn left, right or U turn. In the very same way, I have the choice to be thankful, grateful, remoreseful, sad, happy. The author of this book, Loren Cunninghem, gave up all he had and obey God at all costs. He gave up the ministerial status with the church, an opportunity in a multi million dollar business to obey the Lord to start an interdenominational mission. It was a new beginning for him for a new turn he decided to make. Together with his wife, he answered God's call and laid down both his chance for a bright financial future and the prospects of a successful career in the church. There was almost nothing left for him to give up.. perhaps the only thing left for him was his wife. It was a tough decision for this turn would be tighter financial status, lesser visual support from the family for God, but it was definitely a turn that he was grateful and thankful for though he had to struggle.

After reading this part, I asked myself, am i ready to do all these for the Lord. Now, I'm a cell leader and how far am I willing to go for the Lord.. are the different turns in my life going to affect how I will serve Him? E.g. Will I just fall away from God because he took my godpa and He's "didn't" answer my prayer to heal him? It is a question that I dare not answer too hastily. I can just say a Yes very easily.. but when crisis hit... will it still be a Yes firmly? My prayer is that I will live this life that will count for Him and in whatever situation, I will give IN to ANYTHING that the Lord wants from me. Not just give up because it already all belongs to Him... not just everything, because everything belongs to Him to start with already. God, teach me to give up to my rights and give in to You more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment